Monday, July 26, 2010

I Hope You Like Pink!

Your Grandmas are having the time of their lives shopping for you!! Your daddy and I went to Florida for the weekend and met up with your Grandma and Grandpa McGaughy. Your grandma had a big surprise for you waiting on the living room coffee table! A pile full of cute clothes, blankets, hats, socks, bibs, towels, you name it! She had a ton of fun shopping at the Carter's outlet store the day before we got there :) And I had fun looking through it all, imagining how cute you'll look all dressed up! Then, when we got back home from Florida, there was another surprise waiting for you on our door step! Your Grandma Campbell had sent a box full of adorable clothes, shoes, a plaque for your room, and a beautiful French children's book! She put little notes on every single thing and it was as if she were right there opening all your fun gifts with me :) She said she'll probably be sending a box like that every month because she just keeps finding such cute things for you! They just love you so much!
This beautiful dress has been hanging on our dresser since the day we brought it home :) It is a special gift given to you by your great grandma Christiansen. She bought it while we were shopping in Utah at the end of May, a month before we knew you were a girl! She knew you were a girl, though, all along :) It's a yellow seersucker dress with navy blue trim and little bees embroidered all over it. She said as soon as she saw it, she knew she had to buy it for you. You see, my grandpa called me "little bee" when I was younger and she knew that if he were still here he would have wanted you to have it :) So, it's hanging in your mommy and daddy's room waiting for you and every time I see it, I smile :)