Tuesday, August 28, 2012

22 Months


You continue to make my days joyous :)
You sometimes watch So You Think You Can Dance (mommy's favorite show) on the computer with me. You LOVE watching the dancers and like to try and copy what they do.



Mikey is still your favorite play toy and you try to get as close as possible to him while you play. You think it's so funny when he reaches out and touches you or when he laughs at you :) I love the way you treat your stuffed animals the way I treat Mikey. You pat them gently on your shoulder, you rock them back and forth, and you even try to nurse them. So adorable!



Mikey is also your new stroller buddy! You now have someone that loves saying hello to the geese, just as much as you do :) Every now and then, while we go for our morning walks, you'll reach over and pat him on the leg or hold his hand. It just melts my heart. 



You love playing outside, especially in the front yard these days, drawing with sticks in the dirt.
We have to be so careful, though, because there are so many bugs that like to bite you, like mosquitoes and fire ants :(  I can't even count how many bug bites you have, you poor thing!


You jabber on and on all day long, telling me lots of stories. It's too bad I can't understand you, yet! Your stories sound amazing, especially when you tell me about your dreams :) You always have something to tell me about when I ask you what you dreamed about after your nap.


Your fine motor skills are getting so good! You love to use knives and scissors when you play with play dough and you help me pour ingredients into the bowl and stir while I'm cooking. You can put your shoes on all by yourself and you're getting really good at brushing your teeth :)


You use booster chairs at restaurants and at home, now, and think you are such a big girl!! 
Well, that's because you are!


I must be keeping you indoors too much because this is one of your favorite activities right now. You run around and around, usually stopping to wave at me and blow me a kiss before running again. My favorite thing to do is hide behind a corner on all fours, so that when you come around the corner, you meet me at eye level, unexpectedly. Your face is priceless! Then I swoop you up into my arms and we laugh and laugh!




We had a family from church come over for Sunday dinner and you had so much fun playing with trains and puzzles with them! I'm so glad you play well with others kids and that you like to share your toys!


You're sleeping great, 11 hours at night with a 2-3 hour nap. You put yourself to bed, now, meaning we don't have to stay in there until you fall asleep. That actually started a couple months ago, but now you're a pro. I love watching as you become more independent and confident :) My little girl is growing up. Sniffle.