Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Quiet House

GranEllen and GranDad left yesterday and it is definitely quiet around here now that it's just you and me at home during the day! Now we get to find a new rhythm. One that involves me actually doing housework again :) It's been such a nice break, but I guess I have to learn how to balance all my roles sometime :) I can't even tell you how wonderful it's been to have both of your grandparents here all this month! I guess you won't really understand how great it is until you have kids of your own and I get to come and be there with you! Here is a list of some of the amazing things both of your grandparents did for us while they were here:

Set up, decorated, and organized your room

Made you this beautiful mobile to go over your changing table
Did 50+ loads of laundry
Hand washed 100's of dishes (since we don't have a dishwasher)
Scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom
Scrubbed the kitchen from top to bottom
Fixed all the squeaky doors in the house
Fixed all the doors that wouldn't shut right
Polished all our wood floors
Played with the puppies and gave them the attention I couldn't

Constructed a new door and door frame for our garage
Fixed our front door dead bolt
Aerated all of our buckets of food storage
Broke down all of the cardboard boxes and took them to recycling
Cleaned out and organized the garage and shed
Cleaned out and organized our hall closet
Cleaned out and organized the pantry (huge task!)
Cleaned out and organized the fridge
Cleaned out and organized the laundry area
Cleaned out and organized the Tupperware cupboard
Cleaned up and organized the living room
Made the puppies a fort to play in
Dusted and cleaned all the fan blades in the whole house
Cooked us lots of delicious food

I think this is an incredible list and there is probably even more that I'm forgetting or don't know about yet! They are wonderful grandparents and parents and serve so freely out of pure love :) I am so grateful for all they have done! We are so blessed to have them in our lives!