Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Your First Ultrasound


Here you are! Your very first head shot :) My aren't you a beautiful little thing! You were so active throughout the whole ultrasound and kept trying to cover up your face so we couldn't see how pretty you were! I loved watching you nuzzle into the side of me and I imagine that you'll do the very same thing when I actually get to hold you :) Your daddy was so cute as he watched you move around on the screen. He just kept squeezing my hand tighter and tighter! He is so excited! He thought you were going to be a little boy, but of course, he's excited that you're a little girl. Most importantly that you're healthy and strong!
Yesterday morning, the morning of your ultrasound, we decided to take a walk around the lake together before we drove to Midland College. It had just rained the night before and all the ducks and geese were waddling around in the grass searching for food. I showed him how big the goslings had grown since he last saw them a few weeks ago and we joked about how crazy it would be if humans grew that fast. We both agreed that we want you to stay little for as long as possible :)
I didn't cry as much as I thought I would during the ultrasound, but afterward, as we were walking down the hallway, your daddy put his arm around me, looked down at me and said smiling, "We're going to have a little girl." I looked up at him and felt so overwhelmed with joy that I just started sobbing and buried my head into his side as he hugged me tighter. We are so happy to be your parents and can't wait until you are here with us, in our waiting arms.