Thursday, July 1, 2010

From the Beginning

While your daddy and I were engaged, we talked a lot about when we would like to start our family and how many kids we wanted. We both agreed that we wanted to wait about a year or so before adding you to the mix :) We felt like we had many adventures to experience while it was just the two of us and we wanted to build our own relationship to be the strongest it could be before you arrived. We sure did have a lot of fun and really grew to love each other in so many different ways! Shortly after getting married, your Grandma Ellen, sent me this book in the mail called Every Woman's Book. It taught me a lot about how to prepare my body, spirit, and mind for when the time would come for me to be your mother. I soaked up every word and made sure I was eating as nutritiously as possible and exercising regularly, so that my body would be ready to give you everything you needed. I also made sure that my spirit was open enough to know when the time was right to bring you here to earth. On Sunday, December 13, 2009, while I was sitting in church, I felt a very distinct and comforting feeling that the time had come. Your dad and I had been married for almost 8 months, so I felt a little nervous to tell him what I had felt. Because we had always talked about waiting a year, I wasn't sure what he would say. When we got home from church, we sat down on the couch to relax. I couldn't wait any longer, so I told him about the promptings I had received that morning. As I told him, the same comforting feeling came over me and I knew that it was truly time and that he would be able to feel that, too. He sat quietly for a little while and then said, "I've always trusted your feelings, and I trust them now. If you're sure...well...then...let's start our family!"