
Let me first begin by saying that I'm not a huge fan of drugs. I won't even take aspirin when I have a headache, I'll just drink more water, since the headache is usually there because I'm dehydrated. I think our culture has become very dependent on masking pain or illness rather than learning why it's there and treating the cause. After your daddy and I found out we were pregnant, the first thing I did was research the best way to give birth to you naturally, with no drugs. I first looked into giving birth at the hospital, but when I found out that the hospitals in our area have a 75% cesarean birth rate I became very concerned. The recommended rate is between 5% and 10%! My next option was to find a birth center, but no such luck. Then I found Dawn :) She is a certified midwife who used to run a birthing center, but now only does homebirths. I met her for the first time when I was 7 weeks pregnant and instantly formed a connection. I knew she would be the one to help me bring you into the world in a gentle, loving way. She sent me home with plenty of books to read and I began my homebirth preparation! The more I read, the more I knew I was doing what was right for our family. As long as you and I stay healthy and low-risk, you'll get to meet me and your daddy right here at home :)