.jpg)
One of the first things I learned about in reading my countless homebirth books is the difference between feeling pain, and suffering. Labor pain is much different than other kinds of pain, because it has a purpose. It is purposeful pain, so it's not there as a warning that you are being hurt, but actually is there as a mechanism. It forms what's called a feedback loop that keeps labor progressing, as long as it's not fought against or eliminated. You, sweet baby, will also experience a little pain as you are squeezed down and through, but if we are brave and work together, there are lots of ways we can make it go as smoothly as possible. I have full confidence that our bodies were created to do this. I am so excited to fully experience the power of what being a woman and mother is all about!